Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who'll Stop Lorraine?

When I was a kid I always thought that CCR's "Who'll Stop the Rain" was actually "Who'll Stop Lorraine?" I imagined it was about a serial killer chick that was just crazy. Turns out, that's not the song. Here are the lyrics I would want in a tribute to a psycho-killer Lorraine:

Long as I remember Lorraine's been choppin' down.
Clouds of misery pouring blood on the ground.
Good men through the ages, trying to find their gun,
and I wonda, still I wonda, who'll stop Lorraine.

I went down for Ginia, seekin' shelter from her storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched her power grow.
Bobby lays a new trap, wrap her up in chains.
And I wonda, still I wonda, who'll stop Lorraine.

Heard the sinners prayin', how they cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together, tryin' to keep warm.
Still Lorraine kept poundin', fallin' on my ears.
And I wonda, still I wonda, who'll stop Lorraine.

2 comments:

DnJcustoms said...

There are times when you kinda scare me...

Commander Y said...

I take that as compliment coming from a Marine!